The success of our students depends upon the strength of our team. At DePaul School for Hearing and Speech, we are always looking for talented and dedicated people to join our team of experts.
DePaul School offers a professional work environment with school hours and holidays. We value continuing education and provide regular learning opportunities for our staff. Click here to learn more about DePaul School's programs.
Report to: Education Director/ Principal
DePaul School for Hearing and Speech is a listening and spoken language school that services hearing-impaired children birth to 8th grade.
- Bachelors Degree required; Masters Degree preferred , teaching certificate in Deaf Education
- A Pennsylvania teaching certificate (or the ability to obtain certification quickly)
- A commitment to auditory/oral education
- Training and experience in speech and language development with deaf and hearing - impaired children
- An openness to learn and a willingness to work under the guidance of a mentor
- The ability to work as a team member with other professionals in the field of deaf education
- The ability to write and implement IEP goals and objectives
- The ability to assume the responsibilities of a classroom teacher which includes: instructional planning, implementation of lessons, assessment progress and communication with parents.
- Understanding and experience working in elementary education
- Ability to monitor and document students’ progress
- Actively participate in staffing for students
- Open communication with parents
Salary & Benefits:
This 10 month position. Benefits include worker’s compensation, FICA, participation in 403(b) pension plan, life insurance, after 60 days of employment: health care coverage, dental & vision coverage.
Interested applicants can submit a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to email@example.com or fill out the following form.
While there may not be a specific job opening at any given time, DePaul School accepts resumes year round to keep on file. To send your cover letter and resume, please complete the form or Contact Us.