The success of our students depends upon the strength of our team. At DePaul School for Hearing and Speech, we are always looking for talented and dedicated people to join our team of experts.
DePaul School offers a professional work environment with school hours and holidays. We value continuing education and provide regular learning opportunities for our staff. Click here to learn more about DePaul School's programs.
DePaul School is seeking a full time certified teacher for itinerant hearing services to local school districts, charter schools and other private schools. DePaul School will provide services based on the preferred communication mode identified in the communication plan of the individualized education program for each student.
• Bachelor’s degree in education of the deaf required; Master’s degree preferred
• Pennsylvania State Certification for Teacher of the Deaf; or the ability to obtain certification within a designated time frame
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing and in person to students, other professionals and parents
• An openness to learn and a willingness to work under the guidance of a mentor
• The ability to work as a team member with other professionals in the field of deaf education
• Knowledge of visual communication systems
• Demonstrate organizational skills sufficient to maintain data and student records
• Ability to use and integrate educational and hearing technology in daily work situations
• Ability to travel between school/sites as assigned
• Normal routine levels of activity required to effectively perform the duties and responsibilities of the job
• Follows all district policies and procedures
• Demonstrates professionalism at all times with parents, administration, professional colleagues, and other staff
• Maintains confidentiality in accordance with established policies and legal requirements (FERPA, HIPPA, etc.)
• Pursues and participates in professional development opportunities
• Demonstrates PA Educator’s Professional Code of Ethics in all aspects of the role as itinerant teacher
• Provide in service training to administrators, support staff, and teachers regarding the characteristics and educational implications of hearing loss
• Work collaboratively with building staff to create a positive and effective learning environment for students with hearing loss
• Assist in the assessment and acquisition of hearing equipment
• Serve as a case manager for students’ IEPs,
o Schedule IEP meetings with the appropriate team members
o Provide assessment data for Re-evaluation Reports
o Write IEP using designated program
o Lead IEP meetings
• Assist in the development of student IEPs when another professional is serving as case manager by providing accurate present level information, progress data, appropriate goals and objectives, and specially designed instruction for hearing services
• Evaluate student progress through formal and informal assessments
• Monitor the progress of goals as indicated in the IEP.
• Provide progress reports to parents and schools using the designated format.
• Communicate consistently with parents on progress, attendance, behavior and other concerns that impact the students’ ability to achieve goals and objectives identified in the IEP and/or access the curriculum.
• Communicate consistently with district personnel on progress, attendance, behavior and other concerns that impact the student’s ability to achieve goals and objectives identified in the IEP and/or access the regular education curriculum.
• Observe student in classroom to evaluate attending skills, coping and repair communication strategies, and use of hearing devices/technology
• Monitor the student’s audiological needs and equipment consistently
o Perform listening checks and basic troubleshooting procedures on hearing devices
o Report concerns to the educational audiologist and/or parent as appropriate
• Instruct student on legal rights in accordance with state and federal laws
• Modify curriculum and materials according to the individual needs of the student
• Consults with regular education teachers as identified in IEP and when needed to identify and/or address specific concerns
• Create lessons in the areas of language and literacy development as identified in the student’s IEP
• Provide accommodations, adaptations and strategies for testing sessions and other identified times
• Guide the student in the completion of transition surveys and sections of the IEP when appropriate
• Participate in and complete DePaul School’s Induction Program
To send your cover letter and resume, please complete the form or Contact Us.
DePaul School has an open position for an enthusiastic HR generalist. This position includes a variety of activities in human resources including employee enrollment and onboarding, payroll support as well as providing individualized support to employees.
This position includes a variety of activities in human resources including employee enrollment and orientation, maintenance of clearances, payroll support, employee benefits as well as providing information and support to individual employees on an as-needed basis. Works closely with the Controller to process payroll and maintain benefits. This collaborative position has the responsibility to ensure compliance with federal and state technical and legal reporting regulations, human resource policies, and maintenance of employee records, clearances, onboarding and employee separation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management Communications or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources in the field, school-based experience preferred
- Certification or Membership in relevant professional HR organization
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal History and FBI Fingerprint clearances
Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and phone communication skills
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain benefits programs for all employees:
- Health care, dental vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Long term/ short term disabilities
- Collect all required clearances and maintain tracking system of when each needs renewed
- Participate in new employee Orientation and On-boarding process
- Coordinates with Executive Director and Controller on annual Employee Compensation Forms
- Supportive role in Payroll processing/ADP experience preferred
- Maintain Human Resources personnel files in database and Diocesan database clearances
- Process PA Act 48 professional development hours
- Maintain IRS compliance for all personnel matters
- Conduct annual recordkeeping retention and disposal
- Maintain tax exemption status with Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
- Coordinate and track organization-wide staff trainings
Supervisor’s Responsibilities: This position works very closely with the Controller and is reviewed by the Executive Director.
Physical requirements of the job: Some aspects of this job are fast-paced, however, this position does not require lifting or physical exertion to complete the job.
Remote work requirements: Some aspects of this job can be performed remotely.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and three references by completing the form or Contacting Us.
While there may not be a specific job opening at any given time, DePaul School accepts resumes year round to keep on file. To send your cover letter and resume, please complete the form or Contact Us.