The success of our students depends upon the strength of our team. At DePaul School for Hearing and Speech, we are always looking for talented and dedicated people to join our team of experts.
DePaul School offers a professional work environment with school hours and holidays. We value continuing education and provide regular learning opportunities for our staff. Click here to learn more about DePaul School's programs.
Report to: Education Director/ Principal
Work Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Teachers and staff must be at their assigned duties by 8:00 AM. Teachers and staff may not leave the building before 3:30 PM.
Abilities Based Competencies:
- Experience working with children
- Establish and maintain constructive relationships with faculty and staff
- Adapt to changing work priorities
- Maintain confidentiality
Classroom Room Support
- Support teacher during class time with room set up and clean up
- Assist teacher with small group learning activities.
- Assist teacher with individual support for students.
- Walk individual children to the restroom, the nurse’s office or other specified locations.
- Model and encourage the use of oral language.
- Model and encourage social interaction between students during non-structured times throughout the day.
- Supervise class as they walk to the lunchroom or other locations.
- Assist teachers with preparation of materials
- Meet with teacher to discuss support needs and materials preparations for the following day/ week
Additional Supervision Responsibilities:
- Breakfast Supervision
- Lunch Supervision
- Recreation Supervision
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
- Significant fine finger dexterity
- Moving as needed in a fast-pace, high intensive work environment.
Complete other duties as assigned.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fill out the following form.
While there may not be a specific job opening at any given time, DePaul School accepts resumes year round to keep on file. To send your cover letter and resume, please complete the form or Contact Us.